Wednesday, 2 May 2012

A new beginning

Some months have passed since I closed my historic blog, the BrunezNet Journal (this was the first version). This was a blog mainly about B-movie reviews and stuff like that, but even though I'm still a big B-movie watcher I didn't feel anymore to continue with this writing reviews. When I started it this kind of activity was a kind of marginal phenomenon, but it seems it has become "mainstream", with plenty of blogs and sites about bad movies - some of them I like a lot, some others not so much... however, I'm going to leave this kind of activity to somebody else, keeping only my Italian fanblog about The Asylum active on this side.
However, for the rest I realized that I don't have much to say, at least with plain words; I realized also, during the last year (basically since I moved to the UK), that I left aside for too much time one of the biggest passions of my existence: cartooning. I neglected this activity so much in the last few years that I haven't produced anything since my self-published Il codice Convinci comic book (a parody of The Da Vinci code), made in 2006. It is not that in these past five years I did nothing - I had to deal with my master graduation, unemployment, one year as research fellow, beginning a PhD in another country... I also did some video making. But very very few drawings or comics, and nothing produced to be released.

So, before I become an old man full of regrets for having not carried on one of the biggest and funniest pleasures of the life (at least my life), I decided to restart drawing on a regular basis, and post here what I do.
The language of the blog is English; this is something I thought about a lot: English or Italian, or both? I decided to do it in English, not with the purpose to look cool/posh/whatev, but just to make it accessible to everyone who wants to read it, wherever is the part of the world he/she/it comes from (especially since I knew several non-Italian people in the last 1 and 1/2 year). But the choice of the language for this blog is something that troubled me quite a lot, since most of my previous followers are Italian and actually I can express myself much better with the Italian language - and I'm quite sure I'll do quite a remarkable quantity of mistakes writing in English. But it will be mainly a blog of images, and I'll post also the Italian versions of the comics, so don't worry.

Having said this, I think that's it. I don't have exactly a very clear idea of the comics, drawings and various art I'm going to post here, just everything I put on paper that I consider worth of being shared. I have some strips ready but then I don't know exactly what I'm going to produce onwards. My previous comics where full of parodies and these kind of things, but I would like to explore different styles of drawings, create new character, let's see what is going to come up to my mind (and to my sketchbook) in the future. In the meantime, you can have an overview of my "art" looking into my deviantART page (I will probably cross-post the same stuff here and there also in the future).

PS: do you like the layout of the blog? That's another thing I was working on for a while, before I found a composition that satisfies me. I know I'm not so colorful, but what can I say, I feel comfortable with this style.

11 comments:

  1. Wow ! An english blog ! Good job, Mr. Brunez !!! ;-p
    Ok, la mia lezione d'inglese finisce qui, anche perchè devo un po' rispolverare il mio "fluent english", soprattutto in vista del viaggio a Londra che farò tra due settimane !!! Ovviamente se anche te sarai da quelle parti fammelo sapere, che così c'incontriamo !!! ;-)
    In bocca al lupo per il nuovo blog ! Non vedo l'ora di vedere i tuoi fumetti ! A presto !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Purtroppo mi sa che a Londra non ci sarò (d'altra parte Londra è abbastanza lontana da Leeds che ci metto meno a venire in Italia che ad andare a Londra, anche se con mezzi diversi)... ma penso che ti divertirai. Dai un'occhiata alle produzioni locali come lo stand di 2000AD, hanno un sacco di bella roba (il famoso Judge Dredd in primis). a presto!

      Delete
    2. Ok, andrò anche alla KAPOW!, quindi vedrai che di fumetti ne vedrò parecchi !!! ;-p

      Delete
  2. Buon inizio Brunez, sono contenta che tu sia tornato a scrivere... se poi pubblichi anche fumetti allora sono più che contenta. :D

    Mi raccomando, non ci lasciare ora eh!

    Il layout mi piace, forse è un po' troppo grigio ma come leggo nel post ti ci trovi bene e questo è l'importante. :D Con Blogger hai più possibilità di personalizzare quindi è più facile pasticciare coi temi ecco... a volte ti confesso che mi ritorna la voglia di trasferirmi qui quando scadrà il dominio... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. non escludo cambi di layout comunque, anzi anche se con questo ho raggiunto un certo equilibrio mi rendo conto che è ampiamente migliorabile, vedrò anche come si integrano i futuri post...
      alla fine ho optato per Blogger perché mi ci trovo bene col blog sulla Asylum, e visto che su Wordpress.com le cose non sono ingranate perbene mi son detto di ritentare qua... boh, vedremo :)

      Delete
  3. Non mi ero ancora reso conto del cambiamento, ottima scelta quella di lasciar stare le recensioni dei film brutti, anche secondo me sono un po' troppo inflazionate da un po' di tempo!

    Ti auguro buona fortuna, pur non essendo un grande appassionato di fumetti prometto di passare a leggerti di tanto in tanto ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai ragione, purtroppo mi pare che recensire film brutti sia diventata una specie di moda, per cui boh, non mi ci vedo più a fare sto tipo di cose...

      In ogni caso grazie, chiaramente ricambio (a proposito, complimenti per le fiabe su Kingdom None, bellissime :D)

      Delete
  4. It's really cool!!! I've never known that you are very keen on comics and drawing. Sincerely, I think it's really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nicha! I would like to have cultivated more this hobby, in the recent past, but hopefully it's not too late :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...